Choosing a Community
Are you looking for the best retirement communities for active adults? If you are looking to move into a retirement community you might be wondering, how to choose a place that is appealing. Often, active retirees like you are more concerned with amenities and environment. After all, the move to a retirement community is to enhance your lifestyle.
So, if you are looking for a place to keep your mind and body as active as possible in your golden years, the best retirement communities for active adults are independent living communities. But, keep in mind that no two communities are alike. From the services and amenities they offer to the location, the best way to narrow down your list of possibilities is by knowing what to look for.
Researching Communities: Start Here
Before you visit a community, make sure to spend some time considering the services and amenities that are important to you. This is where choosing a community becomes specific. For this reason, make a list of all the things you want. For example, would you like to live on the coast in a community that is pet friendly? These are just a few examples of things you might put on your wishlist.
It’s up to you to decide what you want and seek the places that can fulfill your needs. After all, this is your retirement so choose wisely. By knowing which items on your wishlist are non-negotiable, it will help you narrow down your list of possible communities to visit. Once you have narrowed down your list, your next step is booking a tour to visit them. Below, we offer some insight on questions to ask or consider during your visit.
Questions to ask or Consider:
- What services and amenities do they provide and is there an extra costs?
- Who are the residents?
- Are there transportation options?
- If you need help (more care), what are the options (Age In Place)?
- Is there a buy in fee (entrance fees)?
- What is the size of the community?
- Are kind of meals are provided?
- Where is the community located?
- Is the community walkable?
- How active is the community?
- Do they have rules for visiting guests?
- Could you see yourself calling this place home?
- Do the apartments have a homey feel to them?
- Are the buildings well kept and safe?
- Is the community clean and organized?
- How long have they worked at the community?
- Do you feel welcomed by staff?
- Are they friendly to you?
- How do they interact with one another?
Affordable Coastal Living Community
For today’s those 55 years of age or better, looking for an exceptional living environment, we offer overnight and extended stays during which time you can better acquaint yourself with our retirement community.
Take advantage of La Jolla’s Cultural abundance. The wonderful restaurants, the diversity of people. The beautiful parks and beaches. The perfect year-round weather, at Chateau La Jolla. No costly entrance fees, just affordable coastal living.